well done web site is only a beginning. A successful
business site may include a target market domain name,
a well designed target market web site and search
engine optimization. Always make arrangements for
web site management and content revisions.
Up: Know where your domain name resides, when
it expires and know where your web site is hosted,
including account names, passwords and FTP address. It
can be very unpleasant to have a falling out with
your programmer and not have information for new services.
Pornography and Gambling site developers are waiting
for your Domain Name to expire. Miss your domain name
renewal by one day and anyone can assume ownership
of your domain name and your hard earned Internet
Caution: Very few web site programmers understand web site
marketing or your business. The Internet is littered
with very expensive web sites that cannot be found
by the search engines and/or do not serve the purpose
for which they were developed. Always make arrangements
for web site management and content revisions.
Warning: Web site programmers are not likely to change or upgrade
another programmer's web site - get it right first
time around or face starting from scratch with a new
Image Marketing Service for target market
web site optimization and other internet marketing
alternatives that will attract new customers to your
Web Site Development Tips
Overall Look and Feel:
Attractive and conveys appropriate branding and
* Uncluttered with focus on information.
* Conforming top and/or left side navigation.
* Avoid background colors that make text difficult
* All browsers and all monitors show colors differently.
Review your site on other computer systems.
Give Your Visitors a Reason To Look Around and Come
Provide fast access to useful information.
* Offer advice, entertainment and/or help on solving
* Try regular sale specials and/or newsletters.
* Overall content should be reviewed and updated
on regular basis.
* Providing links to other useful sites can serve
several positive purposes.
3. Business sites require product
or service information that is:
Fast and easy to find.
* Fast and easy to order.
* Integrated with all other marketing efforts.
When you build a site for a global audience, you
must focus on loading speed. People are accustomed
to sub-second response time. And thus, people hate
waiting online. Always check how long it takes to
load your web site on a 56 kbps modem, which has
long been a benchmark. If itÕs more than 10 - 20
seconds, you are losing page visits to begin with
and risk no return visit at worst. As a rule of
thumb, each 2k adds approximately one second to
The graphics and images should load fast and be
consistent with your overall branding strategy.
Product and service blurbs should be short and to
the point. The visitor has volunteered to enter
your business - don't blind and confuse them with
flashing word banners and catchy slogans.
* Give visitors a reason to contact you - plain
* Give visitors a reason to return to your business
for future event or fresh information.
Stick to top and/or left side navigation that is
conforming throughout the web site.
* Key site topics stay in one area and sub topics
go in the other.
* Visitor must reach the info within two clicks.
* Navigation subjects should relate to your target
market key word search usage.
Search Engine Friendly:
Identify the 6 - 8 key search words that will be
used to find your site.
* Incorporate the key words into the page title
and site description.
* Always have a link page for reciprical links.